Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Guidelines for backing up the shared disks
The following are guidelines for configuring the policy to back up the shared disks:
If a storage unit does not have local, direct access to the shared disk drives, the data is backed up across the network. This action occurs even if the storage unit refers to a media server running on a node of the cluster that does not currently have control of the shared disk drives. In thelist, specify the drive letters or mounted directories of the shared disks.
Note that a backup fails if two separate cluster nodes control the cluster resource that defines the virtual server name and the resource that defines the shared disks. Ensure that the virtual server name and the shared disks are configured to failover together so that the same node always controls them.
System State information is included in the backup of the node's local disks. You do not need to include System_State:\ or Shadow Copy Components:\ in the file list for this policy.