Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Setting up a detailed monitoring script for the NetBackup server on VCS on Windows
This topic describes how to set up detailed monitoring for a NetBackup server that is installed in a VCS for Windows environment. The script file must exist on all nodes in the service group's system list.
To set up a detailed monitoring script for the NetBackup server on VCS on Windows
- Configure and run the NetBackup agent with the basic monitoring.
- For each node in the NetBackup service group, create a backup policy that performs a user backup of the file install_path\bin\cluster\VCS\DetailedMonitor.txt.
install_path is the home directory of NetBackup.
For example, C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup
For example, if your NetBackup service group contains five nodes, you must create five different policies, each referencing a different node.
- Make a copy of following file and edit it to fit your configuration.
Replace VIRTSRVR with the virtual server name for the NetBackup master or media server.
Make any other edits necessary.
- From the command line, type the following command to verify the script runs without errors:
- Continue with the following topic to enable detailed monitoring: