Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installing a NetBackup failover server on WSFC cluster
Before you begin installation, review the following notes:
To upgrade NetBackup rather than complete an initial installation, follow the upgrade procedure.
You must install the same type of NetBackup server on each node to which NetBackup may failover.
The virtual name cannot be more than 15 characters because of a Microsoft limitation.
The installation program does the following:
Installs NetBackup on the node with shared disk resource online.
Pushes the install to each inactive node, including the single license key you provided for a master server installation.
Brings the NetBackup resources online.
To upgrade NetBackup rather than complete an initial installation, you follow a different procedure.
- Install NetBackup on all nodes of the cluster. This installation can be done in the following ways:
Install on the cluster node (with shared disk online) and push install to all other nodes in the cluster.
Install on the cluster node (with shared disk online). After the first node installation, manually install on all other nodes in the cluster.
Follow the instructions for NetBackup in a clustered environment as described in the NetBackup Installation Guide.
- When you are prompted to provide the list of servers, enter all servers that need to have access to the NetBackup failover server.
- Post installation, get security certificates on all the nodes within the cluster.
For more information on getting a certificate in a clustered NetBackup setup, see the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.
- Post installation, if you have added additional license keys (for example for OpsCenter), then perform a failover and add these keys to each node in the cluster.
- Install any options that require separate installations.
Most Windows options only require a special license key and do not require a separate installation. See the appropriate NetBackup documentation for the specific option for more information.
- After the installation is complete, continue with the configuration of NetBackup.