Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
This section describes how to configure devices in NetBackup.
To accommodate disparate SCSI connections on each node of the cluster, you must configure devices on each node. First, configure the devices on the active node. Move the NetBackup group to another node and configure the devices on that node. Then move NetBackup to another node and configure the devices on that node, etc.
You can configure NetBackup to failover if a robotic device fails.
To configure devices
- Review the device configuration guidelines.
- On the active node, run the Device Configuration Wizard . This wizard automatically discovers and configures the devices and it creates storage units for those devices.
Veritas recommends that you use the Device Configuration Wizard to configure devices.
- Move the NetBackup group to another node.
- Refresh the view in the Media and Device Management utility.
- Run the Device Configuration Wizard .
- Continue to configure the devices on each node in the cluster. Repeat step 3 through step 5.
To add new devices
Follow the same procedure as when you initially configured devices in the cluster. First, configure the devices on the active node. Move the NetBackup group to another node and configure the devices on that node. Then move NetBackup to another node and configure the devices on that node, and so on.