Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Configuring a NetBackup server on VCS on Windows
Do the following steps to configure NetBackup server on a VCS cluster on Windows.
Table: Configuring a NetBackup server on VCS on Windows
Review the guidelines for how to configure NetBackup.
Configure the devices in the cluster.
Devices must be configured on each node in the cluster.
Verify that the entries for the NetBackup Catalog backups are correct.
Catalog backup information is stored on the shared disk and does not need to be configured for each node.
Configure backup policies. Backup policies are stored on the shared disk and do not need to be configured for each node.
By default, NetBackup options (such as NetBackup Vault) do not cause NetBackup to failover if they fail. You can configure NetBackup options to failover NetBackup if a service or the option fails.
When you have completed the installation and configuration of NetBackup, verify that NetBackup can fail over properly in the cluster.