Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
About using EVSVR as part of the recovery procedure
Enterprise Vault comes with a command-line utility, EVSVR, with which you can verify the consistency of the information in your vault store partitions and databases, and repair any errors. As part of any recovery procedure, we strongly recommend that you run EVSVR on multiple occasions to identify and resolve any issues:
Before you undertake the recovery procedure, run EVSVR to identify the issues.
When either of the following situations arises, run EVSVR again to verify that you have resolved the issues:
You have completed the recovery procedure.
The recovery procedure requires you to put your environment into normal operation (for example, in order to archive or rearchive items).
You may need to use EVSVR to make your environment consistent before you can resume normal operations.
For guidelines on how to run EVSVR, see the Utilities guide.