Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
If you have chosen to make an application backup of your complete Enterprise Vault environment (systems, services, and tasks), you can restore it by following the steps below.
To recover Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Restore your full system backups.
If services are missing from the service control panel, use one of the following procedures to run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard to reconstruct the service information.
If you are recovering all the Enterprise Vault servers that run a Directory service and you are restoring the first one of these servers, use Recovery procedure 6.
When you recover subsequent servers including other servers that run a Directory service, use Recovery procedure 7.