Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Backing up the classification policy folder
The classification feature in Enterprise Vault 12.2 and later stores its policy files in a folder on a shared network drive. You specify the path to this folder when you run the Initialize-EVClassificationVIC cmdlet to set up the feature. The folder stores any new classification policies that you define and any changes that you make to the built-in policies, such as enabling or disabling those policies.
We recommend that you regularly back up the contents of the policy folder so that you can recover them in the event of a system failure.