Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Carrying out an environment recovery procedure
If a disaster occurs, follow these steps to recover an Enterprise Vault environment.
Unless otherwise stated, do not start any Enterprise Vault service until all the steps of this recovery procedure have been completed.
To recover an Enterprise Vault environment
- Restore file system backups.
Restore the following Enterprise Vault databases:
Each FSA Reporting database you have set up, if you use FSA Reporting.
Each fingerprint database
Each vault store database
- Restore vault store partitions to their original locations.
- Restore index volumes to their original locations.
- Repeat archiving operations that took place after your last backup completed.
- Cancel all pending items from mailboxes.
- Add any SharePoint targets that are missing. For each missing target, select the same vault store that was previously used.
For more information on adding web applications or site collections as targets, see the Setting up SharePoint Server Archiving guide.