Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovery procedure 7: Recreating services and tasks on Enterprise Vault servers
If you are recovering all the Enterprise Vault servers that run a Directory service, for the first one you must use Recovery procedure 6.
When you recover the subsequent servers including other servers that run a Directory service, use the procedure described in this section.
The Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard is able to detect missing services and tasks provided that the server name is identical to that in the original installation, or you have correctly followed Recovery procedure 3.
To recreate services on other Enterprise Vault servers
- Make sure the server running the Directory service is available on the network and the Directory service is started.
- Make sure the Admin service is started on the local computer.
- Start the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard on the server.
- When asked whether you want to create a directory or use an existing one, select No, use existing remote Vault Directory and enter the name of the server running the Directory service.
- Enter the password of the Vault Service account. This is necessary to recreate the Enterprise Vault services on the computer.
- The Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard recreates the Enterprise Vault services and tasks that used to run on the server and displays a message to indicate success.
If the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard does not display a success message, do not continue to run the wizard. Close the wizard and then do the following:
Check that all previous steps have been successful, repeat any missed steps, and then run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard again.
Create a String registry value called UseLanManNameForSCM under the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Wow6432Node \KVS \Enterprise Vault \Admin
Give UseLanManNameForSCM a value of 1.
Run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard again
If you are sure you have followed all steps correctly and setting the registry key does also not help, contact your Enterprise Vault Support Representative for further assistance.
- Start all the Enterprise Vault services.
The message queues should automatically be recreated on the new server. If the Storage service is configured to start multiple processes, it may stop during message queue creation. This is because of a conflict between the processes creating the queues. To fix the problem, restart the Storage service.
If the Indexing service finds any inconsistency in the index metadata, it automatically synchronizes the metadata. You may see the following events:
Event 41395 Index Volume metadata upgrade required Event 41372 Index Volume metadata synchronization started
During the synchronization the Indexing service logs progress events every 10 minutes. At the end of the synchronization, one of the following events is logged:
Event 41373 Index Volume metadata synchronization completed Event 41377 Index Volume metadata synchronization completed
The index synchronization may take some time. For example, an Enterprise Vault recommended specification server takes approximately 10 minutes to process 5,000 index volumes.
If any other index housekeeping is required there will be other progress messages every few minutes.