Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovery procedure 6: Recreating services and tasks on the first Directory service computer
If you are recovering all the Enterprise Vault servers that run a Directory service, you must use this procedure when you recover the first of these servers. When you recover the subsequent servers including other servers that run a Directory service, use the procedure described in Recovery procedure 7.
The Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard is able to detect missing services and tasks provided that the server name is identical to that in the original installation, or you have correctly followed Recovery procedure 3.
To recreate services and tasks on the first Directory service computer
- Start the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard.
- Select Yes to create a new Directory service, and then click Next.
- Enter the details of the Vault Service account, and then click Next.
The Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard does the following:
Converts the login for the Enterprise Vault Admin service so that it runs under the Vault Service account.
Adds the Vault Service account to the Local Administrators group on the computer.
Grants the user rights Log on as a service and Debug programs to the Vault Service account.
Creates and starts the Enterprise Vault Directory service.
- When prompted for the name of the SQL Server that will host the directory database, enter the name of SQL Server used to host the directory database for the original configuration of Enterprise Vault, and then click Next.
- The Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard checks that the SQL Server exists and can connect to it. As long as you have recovered the Directory database, the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard now recreates the services and tasks installed on the Directory service computer.
- To recreate the Enterprise Vault services on the Directory service computer, enter the password of the Vault Service account.
- When the repair has finished, a success message is displayed.
If the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard does not display a message, do not continue to run the wizard. Close the wizard and do the following:
Check that all previous steps have been successful, repeat any missed steps, and then run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard again.
Create a String registry value called UseLanManNameForSCM under the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Wow6432Node \KVS \Enterprise Vault \Admin
Give UseLanManNameForSCM a value of 1.
Run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard again.
If the problem persists, contact Enterprise Vault Support for further assistance.