Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
Use the following recovery procedures when you have backed up only Enterprise Vault data, including the registry, and have not backed up the system disks on your Enterprise Vault servers.
The procedures described in this section require backups of the following Enterprise Vault databases:
Each FSA Reporting database you have set up, if you use FSA Reporting.
Vault store databases
You must also have backups of the following Enterprise Vault data:
Vault store partitions
You can use these procedures when you need to recover only one Enterprise Vault server, or to recover multiple servers.
To recover each server, you need to know which Enterprise Vault services it was running before the disaster occurred. If you are unsure which Enterprise Vault services were running on each server, run the SQL script ServiceLocations.sql, which is installed in the Enterprise Vault installation folder, for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault.
Before you can run the script you must first restore your Enterprise Vault Directory database.