Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovery scenario 1: One of the cluster nodes needs rebuilding
If one of the Enterprise Vault nodes in the cluster needs rebuilding, the failover node should automatically take its place. Follow the steps below to rebuild the inoperable node and make it available again as the new failover node.
To repair a single node in the cluster
- Install Windows and all other prerequisite software.
- If necessary, install VCS and configure the node as part of the cluster.
- If necessary, install Enterprise Vault.
- Run the Enterprise Vault Cluster Setup wizard. You must modify the existing service group so that the node is a member of it.
- Run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard on the failover node. You must choose to add the node as a failover node for an existing clustered server.