Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovery procedure 1: Installing software on the servers
All the data relating to your previous Enterprise Vault installation needs to be recovered onto new servers. For each server that has failed you need to set up a new computer. Ideally, set up each computer with the same name as the original computer that it is replacing.
If this is not possible the recovery steps tell you what to do to accommodate a change in computer name.
Build each new system, starting with the installation of Windows and then all the prerequisites for Enterprise Vault. Refer to the Enterprise Vault documentation if you are not sure which prerequisite software you must install on each computer.
When you have set up the correct prerequisite software on each server, install Enterprise Vault on the server.
Note the following:
Install Enterprise Vault on each new server, into the same folder as on the original server.
Install the same version of Enterprise Vault as is being used in your current environment.
Do not run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard at the end of completing the installation of the Enterprise Vault software.