Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
About Enterprise Vault backups
Enterprise Vault requires an effective backup strategy to prevent data loss, and to provide a means for recovery in the event of a system failure. When you plan this strategy, remember that Enterprise Vault components can be distributed across multiple systems. The resources on which Enterprise Vault depends may be remote from Enterprise Vault services and tasks.
This section describes:
Enterprise Vault's backup mode which lets you place vault stores and index locations in backup mode while you take backups.
The databases you must back up.
The data locations and index locations you must back up.
The use of Enterprise Vault's backup mode PowerShell cmdlets in your backup scripts.
For additional information about Enterprise Vault backups, see the following article on the Veritas Support website: