Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
Last Published: 2018-03-29
Product(s): Enterprise Vault (12.3)
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Fingerprint databases backup
Each vault store group usually has a fingerprint database which holds the data that enables Enterprise Vault single instance storage.
Each fingerprint database is called
EVVSG_vaultstoregroup_n_m, where vaultstoregroup is the name of the vault store group with its spaces removed. n and m are internally generated integers.
You should also set backup mode on the corresponding vault store group, and back up all its vault stores at the same time you back up the fingerprint database.
See About Enterprise Vault backup mode.
The following document on the Veritas Support website describes procedures which you can use to back up your Enterprise Vault SQL databases if you do not use a third party SQL backup tool: