Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Removal of Enterprise Vault safety copies after backup
When Enterprise Vault detects that a vault store partition has been backed up, it is free to remove the safety copies of the items it archived previously. Enterprise Vault can detect that partitions have been backed up by inspecting the archive attribute on individual files if your backup software clears the archive attribute after backup. Alternatively, you can use a trigger file mechanism.
For more information about the relationship between backup software and the detection of partition backups, see "About Enterprise Vault safety copies" in Installing and Configuring.