Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovery scenario 2: All the cluster nodes need rebuilding
If all the cluster nodes need rebuilding, but you have backup copies of the SQL Server databases and the Indexing and saveset data for Enterprise Vault, you can follow the steps below to rectify the situation.
To repair all the nodes in the cluster
- Rebuild all the computers and restore the databases.
See Recovery procedure 2: Restoring Enterprise Vault system databases.
- Recreate the cluster in VCS with the same number of disks, and mount the shared disk with the same drive letters as before.
- Restore the Indexing and Enterprise Vault store data to disks using the same drive letters as before.
See Recovery procedure 4: Copy or move the Enterprise Vault data files.
- Install Enterprise Vault on all the nodes in the cluster.
For each Enterprise Vault server in the cluster, perform the following steps in the order listed:
Run the Enterprise Vault Cluster Setup wizard to recreate the service groups. Use the same virtual server names as before.
Run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard on the primary node. Choose to configure a new Enterprise Vault server with cluster group.
The wizard detects the existing virtual server name and performs a repair.
When the repair is complete, a wizard page is displayed with which you can create the service resources. Do not bring the resources online when given the option to do so.
Run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard on the failover node. Choose to add the node as a failover node for an existing clustered server.
- Clear the Directory database entries.
See Recovery procedure 5: Clearing the directory database entries.
- Check the Web Access application URL.
See Recovery procedure 8: Checking the Web Access application settings.
- Bring the cluster resources online and test that failovers work as planned.