Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovery procedure 5: Clearing the directory database entries
You can clear the directory database entries for all of the Enterprise Vault servers in your environment, or for selected servers.
The SQL query that is provided in this section clears the entries in the database for all the Enterprise Vault servers. If you have multiple Enterprise Vault servers in your environment, you may want to recover only some of the servers. The following technical note provides alternative SQL scripts that let you specify the servers for which you want to clear directory entries:
To clear the directory database entries for all of the Enterprise Vault servers
- Run SQL Query Analyzer and connect to the server running the Enterprise Vault Directory service.
- Enter and run the following SQL command:
USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory UPDATE StorageServiceEntry SET StorageArchive = '', StorageRestore = '', StorageReplayIndex = '', StorageSpool = '' UPDATE RetrievalTask SET RetrievalSpoolQueue = '' UPDATE ArchivingRetrievalTask SET MessageQueue = '' UPDATE RetrievalTask SET MessageQueue = '' UPDATE JournalTask SET MessageQueue = '' UPDATE PublicFolderTask SET MessageQueue = ''