Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Recovery scenario 1: One of the cluster nodes needs rebuilding
If one of the Enterprise Vault nodes in the cluster fails, the failover node should automatically take its place. The steps below outline how to rebuild the inoperable node and, assuming an any-to-any configuration, make it available as the new failover node.
To repair a single node in the cluster
- Install Windows and all other prerequisite software.
- Install Enterprise Vault.
Use Failover Cluster Manager to add the node to the cluster. Replace the old node with the new node as the following:
A possible owner of each resource in the failed-over resource group.
A preferred owner of the failed-over resource group.
- Run the Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard on the new node, selecting the option to add the node as a failover node for an existing clustered server.