Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Enterprise Vault system databases backup
To make a complete Enterprise Vault system backup, you must back up the following system databases:
EnterpriseVaultDirectory. You must back up this database immediately after you back up one or more vault store databases.
EnterpriseVaultAudit, if you have enabled Enterprise Vault auditing.
Each FSA Reporting database you have set up, if you use FSA Reporting.
The following document on the Veritas Support website describes procedures which you can use to back up your Enterprise Vault SQL databases if you do not use a third party SQL backup tool:
Every Enterprise Vault server must also have a complete system and file backup. This backup must include the registry because all Enterprise Vault services store information in the registry. You should consider taking this system and file backup at the same time you back up the Enterprise Vault system databases.