Enterprise Vault™ Backup and Recovery
- About this guide
- Backing up Enterprise Vault
- Backup of Enterprise Vault data
- About backup mode cmdlets
- Enterprise Vault recovery procedures
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using full system backups
- Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a VCS cluster
- Recovery of Enterprise Vault in a Windows Server failover cluster
Backing up index locations
Each Enterprise Vault indexing service can store its indexes in multiple locations, and you must back up all these locations. On each Enterprise Vault server, the index locations are listed on thetab of the properties page.
The following procedure shows how to find the index locations you need to back up on a server called EVServer.domain1.local.
To find a complete list of all the index locations to back up, you must complete this procedure on all the Enterprise Vault servers that run an indexing service.
To find a complete list of the index locations you must back up
- In the left pane of the administration console, browse to Enterprise Vault Servers > EVServer.domain1.local > Services.
- In the right pane, right-click Enterprise Vault Indexing Service and click Properties.
- Click the Index Locations tab and note the index locations that you must back up.
Before you back up index locations, you must place them in backup mode.
For Enterprise Vault 10.0 and later, you must ensure that all the indexing services in your environment are running before you set backup mode on index locations.
While index locations are in backup mode, users can continue to search their archives. In environments where it is not necessary to maintain this functionality during the backup window, you can stop all the indexing services while you take backups. If you do this, you do not have to set backup mode on index locations.