Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
About configuring Enterprise Vault for collection and migration
You must configure every Enterprise Vault partition, whose data is to be migrated, for collection and migration. The following procedure explains how to configure Enterprise Vault for collection and migration.
To configure Enterprise Vault for collection and migration
- Specify the collection criteria. From the Enterprise Vault user interface, select the Collections tab within the Vault Store Partition Properties dialog box.
Define the schedule for when you want the collections to run by setting the attributes on this tabbed page. Veritas recommends that you configure quiet times when archiving and backups are not scheduled.
The collection process enables you to specify how old the DVS files need to be before they are collected. A typical setting is 30, 60, or more days after a DVS file has been archived before it is collected into a CAB file.
Select the Migrate files check box.
Specify the age after which the collected files become eligible for migration.
Specify the Remove collection files from primary storage settings.
This value sets the amount of time the
ARCHCABfiles stay in the Vault Storage Partition after the collection is copied to tertiary storage.
Configure the migration properties. Select the Advanced tab within the Vault Store Partition Properties dialog box. Set the following attributes on this tabbed page:
The name of the NetBackup policy through which migration is expected to take place.
The name of the NetBackup master server.
You can modify the default values of the other settings if you deem it is necessary.