Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Configuring the local media server for Enterprise Vault backup
The NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent is designed to use the local media server as often as possible during a backup. For example, if the Enterprise Vault server or Enterprise Vault-SQL server is also a NetBackup media server, then the Enterprise Vault backup tries to use the media that is attached to the local system as much as possible. However, because of parameters such as, resource inheritance from the parent job, it is possible that the Enterprise Vault backup may not use the local media server.
For the Enterprise Vault agent, local media server support is implicit and no external setting can disable it. The NetBackup master server configuration for local media server support does not have any effect on the Enterprise Vault backups that use or do not use the local media.
For an Enterprise Vault backup to use the local media server, you need to make some configuration changes. Refer to the following procedure for these changes.
To configure the local media for Enterprise Vault backup
- First, configure the Enterprise Vault policy's storage unit. To configure the policy, open the existing Enterprise Vault policy.
- From the Attributes tab, choose the Any Available option from the Policy storage unit/lifecycle policy drop-down list.
- Next, configure the storage units that belong to the local media server. To configure the storage unit, open the Change Storage Unit dialog box and ensure that the On Demand Only check box is deselected for the storage unit.
- Finally ensure that the following media server entries exist in the Server Properties of a host:
The master server must have entries for all media servers in Enterprise Vault site.
Each media server in the Enterprise Vault site should have entries in their properties for other media servers in the Enterprise Vault site.
All NetBackup clients (Enterprise Vault servers or Enterprise Vault-SQL servers) should have entries in their properties for all the media servers in the Enterprise Vault site.