Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Adding a new Enterprise Vault policy
Note the following before you add a new Enterprise Vault backup policy:
If you use the command-line interface (CLI) to create the new policy, the identifying number for an Enterprise Vault agent policy type is 39.
Multistream backups and restores are not supported at this time.
To add a new policy
- Log on to the master server as administrator (Windows) and start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- If your site has more than one master server, select the one where you want to add the policy.
Add a new policy by making the appropriate selection:
In the left pane, right-click Policies. Select New Policy (Windows interface).
In the left pane, click Policies. In the All Policies pane, right-click the master server and click New Policy (Java interface).
- In the Add a New Policy dialog box, in the Policy name field, type a unique name for the new policy.
- Uncheck the Use Backup Policy Configuration Wizard check box.
By default, this option is checked. Uncheck this check box if you want to manually create a new policy. If this check box is not unchecked, the Backup Policy Configuration wizard appears and guides you through the backup policy creation process.
- Click OK.
- On the Attribute tab of the Add a New Policy dialog box, select the Enterprise-Vault policy type from the Policy type drop-down list.
The Enterprise Vault database agent policy type does not appear in the drop-down list unless the master server has a license key for this database agent.
- Complete the entries on the Attributes tab.
- When you finish configuring the schedule, client, and backup selections, click OK.
For more information about how to correct your policy or for more information about the status errors, refer to the following sections.