Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
About restoring Enterprise Vault file system data
Review the following notes before you attempt to restore a file system component:
The destination client for an Enterprise Vault file system data restore should have the same or higher version of Enterprise Vault installed as the client from where Enterprise Vault was backed up.
The Backup, Archive, and Restore user interface does not prohibit you from selecting more than one component to restore. However, selecting more than one file system component for restore can result in a failed restore operation.
When you restore Enterprise Vault file system data from one backup image, you can use any option infield.
When you restore Enterprise Vault file system data that consists of multiple images, the following applies:
You can restore data to the original location.
To restore data to an alternate location, you must use theoption.
In the Alternate restore options dialog box, provide a physical path. However, the user interface displays an Enterprise Vault logical path representation. You must manually update this path to reflect the correct physical path of the alternate location.
In the Backup, Archive, and Restore user interface, you can select one or more folders under the Index location; however you cannot select individual files inside an index folder. In addition, if you deselect an index location, all of the files that are contained within that location are also deselected.
When you restore an open partition, you should also restore the vault store database if it is available.