Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Recovering a vault store database
The following procedure describes how to recover a vault store database. Use the following procedure to recover a vault store database in Enterprise Vault:
To restore a vault store database
- Prepare the system that was used to host the vault store database for this vault store. Install the operating system and any other required applications to prepare the system.
- Install the SQL Server on this system if it is not installed on this system already.
- Install the NetBackup client on this system if it is not installed on this system already.
- Restore the vault store database that is associated with this vault store.
- Run the Enterprise Vault recovery tools to repair the consistency of the vault store. This step helps to bring the partitions, the vault store databases to a consistent state.
If you chose to not run the Enterprise Vault recovery tools to repair any inconsistency, data loss can occur.
Veritas recommends that you run Enterprise Vault tools with the guidance of Enterprise Vault Support.