Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Manually backing up Enterprise Vault resources
Enterprise Vault backups can run automatically if you specify a time period within an Enterprise Vault backup policy. However, there are instances when you want to start a backup manually based on an existing Enterprise Vault backup policy. You can initiate a manual Enterprise Vault backup from the NetBackup Administration Console.
User-directed backups are not supported.
To run an Enterprise Vault backup manually
- Log onto the NetBackup server as Administrator.
- Select, Start > Programs > Veritas NetBackup > NetBackup Administration Console.
- Expand Policies in the left pane of the NetBackup Administration Console. Existing policies appear.
- Select the policy that you want to run. The right pane displays the policy configuration information for the policy that you select.
- Right-click on the policy and select the Manual Backup option, or click the Manual Backup icon on the toolbar at the top of the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Select the schedule and one or more of the clients to start the backup from the Manual Backup dialog box.
- Click OK to begin the backup.