Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Adding a client to a policy
You can add only one client to a policy, multiple clients are not supported in the same policy.
NetBackup client software must be installed on each system that hosts an Enterprise Vault database or is an Enterprise Vault server.
To add a client to a policy
- In the Policy dialog box, click the Clients tab.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click New and enter the client name in the interface.
For policy client name recommendations, see the following topic:
For more information about Enterprise Vault site and server aliases, see the Enterprise Vault Administrator's Guide.
- Type the name of the client you want to add.
If the Enterprise Vault server is part of an Enterprise Vault cluster, then you must specify the virtual name of the Enterprise Vault server as the policy client.
The following options are available when you add a client:
- Click Add.
- If this client is the last client, click OK.
Adding a client is the last step in creating a new Enterprise Vault policy.