Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
About Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements in a cluster
You must verify that the Enterprise Vault agent software is installed and operational on each Enterprise Vault node in the cluster to ensure failover capabilities.
For more information about the NetBackup Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault that is clustered in WSFC configurations, refer to the NetBackup Software Compatibility List.
To enable the NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent to detect a WSFC clustered server, you must make some changes on each cluster node. Add the following Windows registry keys and String Values (type REG_SZ) on each cluster node:
For x86 WSFC clusters: If a key does not exist, create the following one:
For x64 WSFC clusters: If a key does not exist, create the following one:
When the key is created, add the following string values:
"ClusVirtualServer"="virtual node name"
"ClusResourceGroup"="EV Resource Group name"