Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Configuring the policy directives after upgrading NetBackup and Enterprise Vault
After upgrading to NetBackup version 8.1.1, the drop-down list to select an Enterprise Vault version number is not displayed. Instead, now you can only selectfrom the drop-down list. The following list describes the policy directives for Enterprise Vault:
Specify EV_OPEN_PARTITION=Vault Store name for all vault stores that correspond to the Enterprise Vault server that is listed in the policy client.
Specify EV_CLOSED_PARTITIONS=Vault Store name for all vault stores that correspond to the Enterprise Vault server that is listed in the policy client.
Specify the EV_VAULT_STORE_DB=EV Vault Store name directive for all of the vault stores that correspond to the Enterprise Vault server that is listed in the policy client.
EV_VAULT_STORE_DB=EV Vault Store name
Based on the partitions available in the vault store use the following:
EV_OPEN_PARTITION=Vault Store name
EV_CLOSED_PARTITIONS=Vault Store name
EV_READY_PARTITIONS=Vault Store name
If there is no open partition specify EV_VAULT_STORE_DB=Vault Store name
Specify the open, closed, and ready partitions for all of the vault stores that correspond to the Enterprise Vault server.
Enterprise Vault does not support server-level backup of Index locations. You can use EV_INDEX_LOCATION=site name to back up all Index locations in the site.
Enterprise Vault does not support server-level backups. You must separate the policy into multiple policies to protect the Enterprise Vault components.
Enterprise Vault does not support site-level backups. You must separate the policy into multiple policies to protect the Enterprise Vault components.
You can use this directive to backup the fingerprint database component.
You can use this directive to backup the FSA Reporting database component.
You can use this directive to backup the auditing database component.