Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Excluding files from the exclude list
An exclude list names the files and directories to be excluded from backups of the selected Windows clients.
For UNIX clients, use the bpgetconfig and bpsetconfig commands to gather and modify the exclude list files from the /usr/openv/netbackup directory on each client.
For more information, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume 1.
To exclude files from the exclude list
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Clients. Double-click on a client, the Client Properties dialog box opens.
- Under Exclude Lists, click Add. The Add to Exclude List dialog box opens.
- In the Policy field, select All Policies. The Policy field contains a list of all the policies that contain the files and the directories that you want to exclude.
- In the Schedule field, select All Schedules. The Schedules field contains of a list of the schedules associated with the policies that you select to be excluded from the backup.
- In the Files/Directories field, enter the files or directories that need to be excluded from the exclude list based on the selected policy and schedule.
- Click Add to add the selected files to the exclude list.
- Click Apply and then click OK.