Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Configuring Enterprise Vault Agent to protect Enterprise Vault databases
You must configure the Enterprise Vault Agent to protect the Enterprise Vault databases, hosted by a WSFC clustered server. You must make some changes to all the nodes in the clustered environment, to configure the NetBackup Enterprise Vault Agent. The changes to the nodes ensure that the Enterprise Vault databases are protected when hosted by a WSFC clustered Microsoft SQL Server. The following section contains configuration information:
To configure the NetBackup Enterprise Vault Agent
- Select Start > Veritas NetBackup > Backup, Archive, and Restore.
- From the File menu, select NetBackup Client Properties.
The NetBackup Client Properties dialog box is displayed. By default, the General tab is displayed.
- Enter the Virtual SQL server name as the client name in the Client name text box.
- A warning message is displayed.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to exit the NetBackup Client Properties dialog box.
You must now add each node and the virtual cluster to the NetBackup client list. You can then configure the nodes and virtual SQL server for the Enterprise Vault - NetBackup Master Admin Console.
To add and configure the nodes and virtual SQL server
- On the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Host Properties.
- From the Actions menu, select Configure Client or click the Configure Client icon.
The Choose Client dialog box is displayed.
- Click Browse and select the required computer and click OK.
- Click OK to exit the Choose Client dialog box.
- From the Host Properties list, select Clients. The available clients are displayed.
- Right-click the required client and select Properties. The Client Properties dialog box is displayed.
For each node and cluster, configure the logon account to be the Enterprise Vault Admin user.