Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Canceling an Enterprise Vault backup job from the Activity Monitor
When you choose to cancel an Enterprise Vault agent job, all child jobs are canceled. The selected job is canceled along with any sibling, active or queued job. If a parent job exists, it waits for all of the children jobs to get canceled and then the status of the parent becomes canceled. The status of the sibling jobs that completed before the cancel request does not change and you can use their image for a restore.
If you choose to cancel a full backup that involves an Enterprise Vault SQL database (such as a directory database), then you must make sure that you exit that back up. Then you must make sure that you take a full backup before you start the next cumulative backup.
To cancel an Enterprise Vault backup job from the Activity Monitor
- Log on to the master server as administrator. Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click Activity Monitor.
- Select the first job of the backup that you want to cancel.
- Right-click on the selected job and select Cancel Job.
The selected job is canceled.