Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Is the migration being configured appropriately?
From the Advanced tab on the Vault Store Partition Properties dialog box, you can configure a partition for migration. Make sure that you enter the value of and correctly.
To verify that you configured the migration properly, click.
If the test fails, and theand configurations are correct, the issue could be due to one of the following reasons:
The xbsa (Datastore) license is not installed in NetBackup.
If it is a licensing issue, the following message (or something similar) appears in the exten_client logs.
InvalididParameterHandler bsa_checkfeatureID: None of the features are licensed.
This string may also appear in the Dtrace logs.
Failed to initialize xBSA. Make sure NetBackup client is installed and configured.
To resolve this issue, perform the following:
Install the required NetBackup license.
Restart the NetBackup services. Do that only if it is required.
NBUMigrator is not registered.
In certain scenarios you must manually install and register the migrator. In this case, if you have not followed the registration steps then the following error appears as an Enterprise Vault pop-up dialog box.
The selected file migration software is not registered or installed. Reason: Class not registered
To resolve this issue, register the Enterprise Vault migrator.
The xbsa.dll is not present in the system path.
In the first version of the Enterprise Vault migrator (NBUMigrator.dll), the path of the file xbsa.dll needed to be present in the PATH environment variable. That is no longer the case with the later releases of the Enterprise Vault migrator. The path is now configured programmatically.
If the xbsa.dll is not present in the system path, then the following message is logged on the Dtrace logs.
Failed to load xbsa library. Check the NetBackup client installation, ensuring that xbsa.dll is installed.
To resolve this issue perform the following:
Add the path of xbsa.dll to the PATH environment variable. The xbsa.dll is present under NBU_INSTALL_DIRECTORY\bin.
Restart the Enterprise Vault Admin service. Restarting this service restarts all of the Enterprise Vault services. You need to restart all of the Enterprise Vault processes because certain processes may use the migrator (NBUMigrator.dll). Restarting them enables them to locate and load the xbsa.dll.