Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
Note the following configuration requirements:
The NetBackup version on all of the Enterprise Vault servers (in one Enterprise Vault site deployment) must be the same.
The NetBackup version on all of the SQL Servers in the configuration must be the same as, or higher than the NetBackup version of the Enterprise Vault server in an Enterprise vault site
For example, if an SQL Server is a part of an Enterprise Vault site that contains the Enterprise Vault servers that are running NetBackup 7.6, then the SQL servers must run the same version level (or higher) as the Enterprise Vault servers.
If an Enterprise Vault server is also used as an SQL Server, the version of SQL on that server must be equal to or higher than the NetBackup version of the Enterprise Server.
The NetBackup version on the master server and media servers must be same or higher than the NetBackup client version. For example, a NetBackup 8.1 master server can support a mixed environment of NetBackup 8.1, 8.0, and 7.7.x client servers.
The only way that a NetBackup master server can communicate with the NetBackup 7.7.x client and a NetBackup 8.1 client is with two or more Enterprise Vault sites. One site would contain NetBackup 7.7.x Enterprise Vault servers and the other site would contain NetBackup 8.1 Enterprise Vault servers. If these two sites share a SQL server, then that server must run must a version that is equal to or greater than NetBackup 7.7.x.
If you use the NetBackup SQL Agent to perform a backup then it can only be restored with the NetBackup SQL Agent.