Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Changing the socket buffer size for large restores
When you attempt to restore a large number of files or a large amount of data, the restore may run very slow. If you encounter this sort of behavior, you should change the socket buffer size on the NetBackup media server and the NetBackup destination client. The following procedures explain how to set this socket buffer size.
For more information about changing the socket buffer size, see the NetBackup OpsCenter Performance Tuning Guide.
To change the socket buffer size on a NetBackup media server
- Go to <NetBackup Install Path>\Veritas\NetBackup.
- Create a file with name NET_BUFFER_SZ.
- Put a number in this file that is: 65536.
- Save the file.
To change the socket buffer size on a NetBackup destination client
- Go to the NetBackup master server and start the NetBackup Activity Monitor.
- Select, Host Properties > Clients.
- Open the Host Properties window for the NetBackup destination client.
- Select, Windows Client > Client Settings.
- Change the Communication buffer size to 64 kilobytes.