Veritas NetBackup™ for Enterprise Vault™ Agent Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup Enterprise Vault agent installation requirements
- Configuration requirements for upgrading the Enterprise Vault agent
- About features provided by Enterprise Vault for a backup provider
- Performing backups of Enterprise Vault
- Performing restores of Enterprise Vault
- About restoring Enterprise Vault SQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Enterprise Vault Agent support for Enterprise Vault
- Policy configuration for Enterprise Vault
- Notes about Enterprise Vault 10.0 backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent backups
- About Enterprise Vault agent restores
- Enterprise Vault agent functionality and support for Enterprise Vault
- About NetBackup status-related troubleshooting information
- Appendix A. NetBackup Enterprise Vault Migrator
- Restoring Enterprise Vault migrated data from NetBackup
- Troubleshooting the Enterprise Vault migrator
- About troubleshooting issues with the migrator
- About Log Collection
Restoring migrated data using a Backup, Archive, and Restore user interface
You can use the Backup, Archive and Restore user interface on a Windows, UNIX, or Linux platform to restore Enterprise Vault-migrated data. Perform the following procedure to restore migrated data from NetBackup no matter what system you run the Backup, Archive, and Restore user interface from.
To restore Enterprise Vault migrated data using the Backup, Archive, and Restore user interface
- Start the Backup, Archive, and Restore user interface.
Open the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type dialog box.
Select File > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type. (Windows interface)
Select Actions > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type. (Java interface)
From the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type dialog, perform the following:
Select the server to use for backups and restores.
Designate the source client for the restore.
Designate the destination client for the restore.
Select DataStore in the Policy type for restores field.
- Select the list of backups to be restored in the NetBackup History field of the user interface and then click the Restore icon.
Make sure that you have selected only Enterprise Vault migrated backups to be restored.
- From the Restore Marked Files dialog box, select the Restore as Enterprise Vault migrated data check box.
- Click Start Restore.