Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Cannot create a cloud storage disk pool
The following table describes potential solutions if you cannot create a disk pool in NetBackup.
Table: Cannot create disk pool solutions
The wizard is not able to obtain Storage Server information. Cannot connect on socket. (25)
The error message appears in the Disk Configuration Wizard.
The Disk Configuration Wizard query to the cloud vendor host timed-out. The network may be slow or a large number of objects (for example, buckets on Amazon S3) may exist.
To resolve the issue, use the NetBackup nbdevconfig command to configure the disk pool. Unlike the wizard, the nbdevconfig command does not monitor the command response times.
See the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide for a complete description of the commands.