Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
This topic describes how to configure cloud storage in NetBackup. Table: Overview of the NetBackup cloud configuration process provides an overview of the tasks to configure cloud storage. Follow the steps in the table in sequential order.
The NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I describes how to configure a base NetBackup environment. The NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I is available through the following URL:
Table: Overview of the NetBackup cloud configuration process
Create NetBackup log file directories on the master server and the media servers
Review the cloud installation requirements
Determine the requirements for provisioning and configuring your cloud storage provider in NetBackup
Configure the global cloud storage host properties as necessary
Configure the Cloud Storage properties
Optionally, add a cloud storage service host using the NetBackup host properties.
Understand the role of the CloudStore Service Container
Applicable for media server versions 7.7.x to 8.1.2 only.
Provision a security certificate for authentication on the media servers
Understand key management for encryption
Encryption is optional.
Configure the storage server
Configure the disk pool
Configure additional storage server properties
Add additional media servers
Adding additional media servers is optional.
Configure a storage unit
Configure NetBackup Accelerator and optimized synthetic backups
Accelerator and optimzed synthetic backups are optional.
Configure a backup policy