Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
OpenStack Swift storage type requirements
Table: OpenStack Swift compatible cloud storage requirements
You must have a NetBackup license that allows for cloud storage.
Storage account requirements
You must obtain the credentials required to access the cloud storage account.
If you use authentication V1, only the user name and password are required to validate the user to access the cloud storage.
If you use authentication version Identity V2, the user name, password, and either tenant ID or tenant name is required to validate the user to access the cloud storage.
The containers for OpenStack Swift compliant cloud providers cannot be created in NetBackup. You must use the native cloud tools to create a container.
The container names must conform to the following requirements:
Only those containers are listed in NetBackup that follow these naming conventions.