Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Adding backup media servers to your cloud environment
You can add additional media servers to your cloud environment. Additional media servers can help improve backup performance. Such servers are known as data movers. The media servers that you add are assigned the credentials for the storage server. The credentials allow the data movers to communicate with the storage server.
A NetBackup media server must conform to the requirements for cloud storage.
To add backup media servers to your cloud environment
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Media and Device Management > Credentials > Storage Servers.
- Select the cloud storage server.
- From the Edit menu, select Change.
- In the Change Storage Server dialog box, select the Media Servers tab.
- Select the media server or servers that you want to enable for cloud backup. The media servers that you select are configured as cloud servers.
- Click OK.
- Modify disk pools, storage units, and policies as desired.