Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Creating a backup policy
The easiest method to set up a backup policy is to use the Policy Configuration Wizard. This wizard guides you through the setup process by automatically choosing the best values for most configurations.
Not all policy configuration options are presented through the wizard. For example, calendar-based scheduling and the Data Classification setting. After the policy is created, modify the policy in the Policies utility to configure the options that are not part of the wizard.
Use the following procedure to create a backup policy with the Policy Configuration Wizard.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, click NetBackup Management.
- In the right pane, click Create a Policy to begin the Policy Configuration Wizard.
- Select File systems, databases, applications.
- Click Next to start the wizard and follow the prompts.
Clickon any wizard panel for assistance while running the wizard.
Use the following procedure to create a backup policy in the NetBackup Administration Console without using the Policy Configuration Wizard.
To create a policy without the Policy Configuration Wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Policies.
- On the Actions menu, click New > Policy.
- Type a unique name for the new policy in the Add a New Policy dialog box.
- If necessary, clear the Use Policy Configuration Wizard check box.
- Click OK.
- Configure the attributes, the schedules, the clients, and the backup selections for the new policy.