Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Using multiple Amazon S3 adapters
To improve write performances to the Amazon Snowball device, multiple Amazon S3 adapters can be configured. Also, multiple custom instances can point to the same the device.
To use multiple Amazon S3 adapter
- For each Amazon Snowball adapter create one custom cloud storage instance.
- Transfer data to the Amazon Snowball device.
- Delete the custom instance with Amazon S3 adapter IP as service host. Run the following command:
csconfig cldinstance -r -in <instance-name>
See the NetBackup Command Reference Guide.
- Add all the storage servers that are created for the Amazon Snowball device into the default cloud instance (amazon.com). Run the following command:
csconfig cldinstance -as -in amazon.com -sts <storage-server-name>
- Update the following storage server property:
- Change SSL settings (if performed) for the storage servers.