Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Configuring AWS IAM Role with NetBackup
Using the AWS Management Console and the NetBackup Administration Console, you can configure AWS IAM Roles with NetBackup.
To configure AWS IAM Role with NetBackup
- Perform the following configurations in the AWS Management Console to use AWS IAM Roles with NetBackup:
Create AWS IAM role.
Attach role to AWS EC2 instance which will be used as a NetBackup media server.
For guidelines refer to the technote.
- Configure the new cloud storage server to use the AWS IAM role. No credential-specific information is required for using the AWS IAM roles.
A new option 'CREDS_ROLE' for credential broker (-creds_broker) option is added to the csconfig command.
See the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.
For modifying the existing cloud storage server (alias) to use AWS IAM role for authentication, use only the csconfig command.