Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
About private clouds from Amazon S3-compatible cloud providers
Before you configure a private cloud in NetBackup, it must be deployed and available.
On the select media server panel of the, click the option. Then, in the dialog box, select the relevant options from the following: , , , and so on.
NetBackup supports only Certificate Authority (CA)-signed certificates while it communicates with cloud storage in the SSL mode. Ensure that the cloud server (public or private) has CA-signed certificate. If it does not have the CA-signed certificate, data transfer between NetBackup and cloud provider fails in the SSL mode.
The FIPS region of Amazon GovCloud cloud provider (that is s3-fips-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com) supports only secured mode of communication. Therefore, if you disable theoption while you configure Amazon GovCloud cloud storage with the FIPS region, the configuration fails.
Thelink on the wizard panel opens a cloud provider webpage in which you can create an account. If you configure a private cloud, that webpage has no value for your configuration process.