Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Enabling NetBackup Accelerator with cloud storage
Use the following procedure to enable NetBackup Accelerator for use with NetBackup cloud storage.
Enabling Accelerator for use with NetBackup cloud storage
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select NetBackup Management > Policies > policy_name. Select Edit > Change, and select the Attributes tab.
- Select Use accelerator.
- Confirm the Policy storage option is a valid Cloud storage unit.
The storage unit that is specified under Policy storage must be one of the supported Cloud vendors. You can't set Policy storage to Any Available.
Determining if NetBackup Accelerator was used during a backup operation
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select Activity Monitor. Double click the backup that you want to check.
- Click the Detailed Status tab.
- Review the status for accelerator enabled. This text indicates the backup used NetBackup Accelerator.