Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Adding a cloud storage instance
You may have to add a custom cloud storage instance before you configure a NetBackup cloud storage server. A custom cloud storage allows customization, such as a different service host or other properties. A custom cloud storage instance appears in the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard when you configure a storage server.
The cloud storage provider type determines if you have to add a custom cloud storage instance.
You can add a custom cloud storage instance as follows:
By using NetBackup Master Server Properties
With this method, you add the cloud storage instance before you configure the storage server in NetBackup. Then, the wizard that configures the storage is populated with the instance details. You select the instance when you configure the storage server.
By using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
With this method, you add the instance at the same time as when you configure the storage server in NetBackup. The wizard that configures the storage is not populated with the instance details until you add them in the wizard itself.
To add a cloud storage instance in Cloud Storage host properties
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Master Servers in the left pane.
- In the right pane, select the master server on which to add the cloud storage instance.
- On the Actions menu, click Properties.
- In the properties dialog box left pane, select Cloud Storage.
- In the right pane, click Add.
- In the Add Cloud Storage dialog box, configure the settings.
- After you configure the settings, click OK.