Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
This is applicable to media server versions 7.7.x to 8.1.2 only.
The NetBackup CloudStore Service Container (nbcssc) is a web-based service container that runs on older media servers that are configured for cloud storage.
You can configure the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container behavior by using the Scalable Storage host properties in the NetBackup Administration Console.
The port number for the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container service is 5637. Older media servers that are configured for cloud storage must use this port. Communication with the master server fails if the older media servers use a different port. Refer to the Veritas NetBackup Network Ports Reference Guide for more information on ports used by NetBackup.
NetBackup uses several methods of security for the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container, as follows:
The NetBackup hosts on which the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container runs must be provisioned with a security certificate or certificates.
You do not need to generate a security certificate, if you have already generated it before configuring the cloud storage.
The NetBackup CloudStore Service Container can run in different security modes.
For NetBackup releases beyond 8.1.2, the
nbcssc service is no longer deployed. The NetBackup Web Management Console (
nbwmc) service handles the cloud storage configuration operations and the NetBackup Service Layer (
nbsl) service handles the throttling service and the metering data collector service functions. For media server versions beyond 8.1.2, authentication is done using host ID-based certificate.
Refer to the Veritas NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I for more information about these services.