Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
NetBackup CloudStore Service Container startup and shutdown troubleshooting
This is applicable for media server versions 7.7.x to 8.1.2 only.
The NetBackup media servers that you use for cloud storage must have a security certificate provisioned. If not, the CloudStore Service Container cannot start. Verify that the certificate exists.
NetBackup 7.7 to 8.1.2
If a certificate does not exist, create one from the NetBackup master server.
Do not change the security mode of the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container while the service is active. If the security mode is changed while the service is active, you may encounter service startup or service shutdown problems. Be sure to stop the service in the same mode it was started.